Unless otherwise stated, all events are held in CS 430 (Slonim Room)
September 28th (Wednesday)
10:30am Registration Opens
11:15am Opening Remarks
11:30am Opening Luncheon
12:30pm: Business Informatics
- Ramkumar Velmurugan, Syed Shahzeb Hasnain and Abhinav Kalra. “An examination of the Ethereum Platform in the implementation of Universal Business Language use cases”.
- Colin Conrad and Michael Bliemel. “Exploring how to Measure Cognitive Load and Cognitive Absorption using Commodity EEG”.
2:00pm: Human-Computer Interaction
- Mrim Alnfiai and Srinivas Sampalli. “SingleTapBraille: Developing a text entry method based on braille patterns using a single tap”.
2:30pm: Shiftkey Democamp featuring student startups
3:30pm: Shiftkey Democamp featuring startups from Volta Labs
- Swell Advantage
- The Rounds
September 29th (Thursday)
- Raghav Sampangi and Kristie Hawkey. "Who are you? IT Depends (On What You Ask Me!): Context-Dependent Dynamic User Authentication".
- Emma Sylvester, Paul Bentzen, Ian Bradbury, Marie Clement and Robert Beiko. “Applications of Random Forest for SNP selection in individual assignment of Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar)”.
11:30am: Pizza Lunch
12:30pm: Natural Language Processing
- Nisha Simon. “N-grams for Authorship Attribution in Text Mining”.
- Hossein Mohammadhassanzadeh and Syed Sibte Raza Abidi. “Investigating a Plausible Reasoning Approach for Performing Semantics based Data Analytics”.
- Armin Sajadi, Evangelos Milios and Vlado Keselj. “Vector Space Representation of Wikipedia Concepts:.
1:30pm: Presentation by Pharm3r, Silver Sponsor
2:00pm: Lightning Talks* (see attached list here)
3:30pm: IndustryConnect Presentations
- Liferaft Inc.
6:00pm: Keynote Address featuring Dr. Zoran Obradovic, Laura H. Carnell Professor of Data Analytics (Temple University)
- "Computational Methods for Early Diagnostics and Multiple Blood Cleansing Interventions in Sepsis"
- To be held in CIBC Auditorium (Goldberg Computer Science Building Rm 127)
7:30pm: Public Networking Event and Poster Presentations
- Maali Alabdulhafith and Srinivas Sampalli. "NFC-Based Framework for Checking the Five Rights of Medication Administration"
- Maha Aljohani, Jamie Blustein and Kisrtie Hawkey. "Proposed Privacy Patterns for Privacy Preserving Healthcare Systems in Accord with Nova Scotia’s Personal Health Information Act"
- Raghav Sampangi and Kristie Hawkey. "Secure Contexts: Context-Dependent, Dynamic, and Adaptive Security and Privacy"
September 30th (Friday)
- Abdulhadi Alqarni and Srinivas Sampalli. “Enhancing User Behaviour Towards Privacy Settings in Social Networking Sites.”
- Mohamad H Salimian, Derek Reilly, Stephen Brooks and Bonnie MacKay. “Physical-Digital Privacy for Mixed Reality Collaboration: An Exploratory Study”.
11:00am: Sandwich Lunch
12:00pm DCSI panel discussion
- "The Future of Big Data: More than Just a Trend?"
1:45pm Data Mining
- Baifan Hu, Xiang Jiang, Erico Souza, Ronald Pelot and Stan Matwin. “Identifying Fishing Activities from AIS Data with Conditional Random Fields”.
- Sara Khanchi, Malcolm Heywood and Nur Zincir-Heywood. “On the Impact of Class Imbalance in GP Streaming Classification with Label Budgets”.
3:00pm: Wrap-up event and presentation of prizes